Note- these are not just me bitching about reviews of my books. This is my going and seeking conversations for books I LOVE and finding these statements below….
- It’s complicated and hard
- It’s needlessly confusing
- The author is being confusing on purpose
- The author doesn’t explain anything
- It’s not believable because I got lost
- The language was complicated
- I couldn’t follow the plot
- There was no plot
- Looking for plot? Not here!
- The plot was confusing
- The story was a mess
- The author thinks he’s better than us
- I say that the emperor has no clothes! This isn’t smart, it’s just nonsense
- The author refused to make sense or help the reader out
- Needlessly confusing
- There is more than one Point of View! In third person! It’s confusing!
- Just a horrible tangled mess
- Writer X did Y better and earlier and why don’t people love him waaaaah?
Post your least enjoyed online review statements of your favorite books in the comments…