Here are some selected stuff that you can read online for free.
- Interview in LA Times
- Interview in Large Hearted Boy for Booknotes
- Interview at Suvudo
- Interview at Fantasy Magazine
- Secret in the House of Smiles
An experimental short story about college life and quantum physics. Originally published in Clarkesworld in 2009 and then reprinted in Glass Coffin Girls in 2010.
- A Word Without Ghosts
A short story about Peter Pan as a bear, memories as magic and a world of graveyards and abandoned train stations. Published in Fantasy Magazine in 2008.
- The Adventures of Petal, the Paperdoll Pirate
A short story about a paperdoll pirate, searching for her creator, in a watercolor world. There are paper plate monsters and all popsicle stick cannibals. Published in Fantasy Magazine in 2008.
- the time i said hello to you & you thought i was a bear published at Word Riot
- all the houses on sesame street are haunted houses published at Interfictions
- Sex, Guns and Semiotics
A review of Every Love Story is a Ghost Story over at one of my favorite online magazines, zouch.
- Confessions of a Red Mage
An article about console/Japanese RPG’s of the golden age (the Nintendo, SuperNintendo, Genesis, etc). Published in Strange Horizons magazine.
- Rebirth of Grue
An article about the next generation of text adventure games. Published in Strange Horizons magazine.
- Light Like Knives Dragged Across the Skin
A short story about a surreal card game that changes who we are as people, and ends in murder. Published in Psuedopod.
- Fingerbones Hung Like Mobiles
A short story about trading bones and death. Published in Psuedopod.
- Naked Street Theater
An interview where I ramble…quite a bit.
- Tale Chasing
An interview where I ramble some more.